Advisor of the Chairman, Sunshine Corporation
SHAREHOLDER OF BELAYAB FOODS PLC MASTER FRANCHISE OF PIZZA HUT YUM & COLD STONE CREAMERY BRANDS IN ETHIOPIA (2017 - CURRENT)
FOUNDER OF ADF CONSULTING (2016 - CURRENT)
SUNSHINE BUSINESS PLC - EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER (MANAGING BOARD)
Oversee development, asset management, operations, and P+L for a $200 MM hotel, resort and commercial property portfolio
- Plan and manage a $75 MM budget and lead a 10-person team
- Partner with Ernst & Young on feasibility studies to develop ancillary services that maximize revenue for new properties
- Manage relationships with key executives at Marriott and Hilton, who license their brands to Sunshine as well as managing the properties Sunshine develops and owns
- Attend bi-weekly meetings of the Executive Board
- Ensure strong and positive working relationships with the business community and government authorities in Ethiopia
- Devise marketing plans and strategies for the local market to drive revenue growth, property utilization,and expansion
- Preside over hotel operations for the first hotel launched by this venture, a 109-room Marriott Executive Apartments, the first Marriott property in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Led 18-month negotiations with Marriott that led to the successful closure of a licensing agreement for a five-star Marriott brand over a previously-offered four-star brand
- Played a key role in generating extensive media coverage for the launch of the company’s first hotel property, generating over 130 placements in various global print, digital, and broadcast media.
HEAD OF INVESTMENT STRATEGY – SUNSHINE BUSINESS PLC (2012-2014)
- Led hotel purchasing functions, meeting and negotiating with suppliers in Thailand, China, and UAE quarterly
- Identified and investigated new partnership opportunities with international hospitality brands
- Managed hotel development projects from planning to handover stages
- Analyzed feasibility studies to assess optimal points of entry or expansion in the market
- Initiated and conducted discussions with Hilton that eventually culminated in a brand licensing and property management deal
- Initiated, negotiated and concluded debt funding for the Marriott Hotel Addis Ababa.
DEPUTY MANAGING DIRECTOR – SUNSHINE CONSTRUCTION (2008-2012)
- Responsible for Planning and Time Management, Resource Management, Financial and Budget Management.
- Manage the day-to-day working, utilization, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments.
- Report progress on projects to sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
- Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.